practice areas


Attorney Robert V. Phillips is a partner at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, a prominent South Carolina law firm that represents clients statewide in civil and criminal matters. He represents clients in the full spectrum of personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuits, as well as insurance disputes and cases involving misconduct by police, security personnel, corrections officers and other law enforcement officers.

Successfully pursuing claims in police misconduct cases requires comprehensive knowledge of constitutional law, deep resources to build strong arguments and extensive litigation skills. Robert is in a small group of lawyers in South Carolina who regularly work in this practice area. He is frequently asked to make presentations on police misconduct matters at legal seminars not only in South Carolina but around the nation.

Robert is a member of the National Police Accountability Project (NPAP), a non-profit public interest organization dedicated to protecting the civil rights of individuals in their encounters with law enforcement. The NPAP's members are plaintiffs' attorneys, paralegals and other advocates from around the country who work on cases involving misconduct by law enforcement officials.

Robert has received numerous professional accolades in the 16 years he has been practicing law and trying cases. He has been named a South Carolina Super Lawyer in both medical malpractice and civil rights. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honor given to less than 1 percent of lawyers around the nation. He has tried numerous cases to verdict in both state and federal courts in South Carolina and North Carolina.

To learn more about Robert's education, work experience, and professional recognition and accomplishments, click on the link below.

We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions and review the facts of your case during a free consultation. We will provide a candid assessment of what you might expect and recommend the best steps to take. Call or use our online contact form to schedule a meeting.